Many poses in vinyasa flow such as downward facing dog and plank pose can put unnecessary stress on your shoulders if done incorrectly. In this posture clinic will explore the anatomy of your shoulders and how they move. Breakdown proper anatomical alignment techniques to strengthen the upper body and prevent shoulder impingement, a common cause of shoulder pain.
- Learn how to protect your wrists when standing on your hands
- Work with hyperextension in major joints
- apply your back muscles in more challenging poses
- Strengthen your core in sun salutations
- Integrate the breath while you flow
Format will be lecture and discussion as well as a little bit of heat. Great for yoga teachers, practitioners and those struggling with shoulder injuries. Early Bird Special: $40 Door: $50.00 with Shelly Kwiatkouski E-RYT 500